Looking for an ADORABLE directed drawing project that's awesome for the beginning or end of the school year, Father’s Day, Mother’s Day, Grandparent’s Day, or just for fun anytime!? This guided drawing self portrait project is just what you need and is just right for Kindergarten - 2nd grade! Perfect for hallway displays, gifts, or memory books. It’s just so cute... and EASY to make, for any age! I personally use this project several times per year in my classroom. :)
ALL THE INTERESTING DETAILS:
This purchase includes 2 files:
- a set of 36 different, zero prep paper options (details below) and
- a gorgeous, full-color show that guides everyone step-by-step through the drawing process. You get detailed photos, clear explanations worded in ways that kids understand, tips and reassurance for artists, and loads of creative variations so all YOU have to do is flip through this show, one page at a time. Super simple to teach!
Your students will be AMAZED at the self portraits they are capable of drawing! I ADORE this project... it allows kids to impress themselves and is a great way to boost their confidence as artists!
I can assure you this self portrait project is not too hard for preschool or kindergarten students... and it's tons of fun for all ages! I've personally used it with 4-11 year olds and they all loved creating their own drawings! :)
Many teachers use this project SEVERAL times per year for different occasions: the start of the year, mid-year conferences, and Mother's Day are my personal favorites.
✍️ PAPER OPTIONS ✍️
There are 22 papers for a single face.
One is blank (perfect for adding children's names or ???) and the others say:
- Pre-Schooler or Pre-School
- Transitional Kindergartener or Transitional Kindergarten
- Kindergartener or Kindergarten
- 1st Grader or 1st Grade
- 2nd Grader or 2nd Grade
- 3rd Grader or 3rd Grade
- 4th Grader or 4th Grade
- 5th Grader or 5th Grade
- 6th Grader or 6th Grade
- THANK YOU
- I LOVE YOU
There are 14 options that include 2 faces... an adult and child sized (THIS is what you can use for Mother's Day, etc). Each includes several font options so you can choose to use the one you like best.
One is blank and the others say:
- I love you, Mom.
- I love you, Dad.
- I love you!
- Happy Mother's Day!
- Happy Father's Day!
- I love, you, Papa!
- I love you, Mimi!
- I love you, Nana!
- I love you, Grandma!
- I love you, Grandpa!
- THANK YOU!
- I'm thankful for you!
If you're just going for one face, like a self-portrait or a portrait of someone special alone, buy the self-portrait project you're looking at now. But if you're thinking of doing TWO faces (maybe for Mother's Day, Father's Day Grandparent's Day... your student WITH their special person), you would probably like the Mother's Day Directed Drawing better. I hope that helps! :)
CLASSROOM-TESTED, STUDENT & TEACHER-APPROVED!
Happy teachers are saying:
- "The kids LOVED it. I'm a big fan of directed drawing activities, and this one is laid out beautifully. So fun!"
- "I was amazed at how these turned out! I love how directed drawings still turn out so individualized. Such a great confidence booster for the kids!"
- "Love this. It is easy to follow, has everything anyone can need for this project, and it looks amazing."
- "Wow - fantastic! I love to do directed drawings and you have set this set up beautifully. I especially like the paper to give students the starting positions!"
- "I like directed drawing because I can fit it into my lesson, the kids have to follow directions and they feel good about something that they have created."