Write the Room is a hands-on, engaging, low-maintenance, independent literacy activity your students will LOVE! They'll be active and moving as they learn vocabulary and practice their writing skills. This bundled collection includes 31 SETS of words to leave you all ready to roll for an entire school year of writing fun!
ALL THE INTERESTING DETAILS
This grand collection includes 31 unique sets of 12 cards (most are included in TWO different versions so you can choose what's best for your class...see preview for details). Skills covered include:
Alphabet Recognition: Uppercase Letters
Alphabet Recognition: Lowercase Letters
Beginning Sounds in Words (2 sets)
Middle Sounds in Words (2 sets)
Ending Sounds in Words (2 sets)
CVC Words: short a
CVC Words: short e
CVC Words: short i
CVC Words: short o
CVC Words: short u
CVCE Words: Long Vowels: A, I, O
Beginning Digraphs: sh, th, ch, wh
Ending Digraphs: sh, th, ch, ck
R-controlled vowels: ar, er, or
S Blends: sn, sc, sp
Seasonal Vocabulary for: January, February, March, April, May, Summer, August/September, October, November, December (12 cards for each month)
Each set has three components :
1. A SET OF 12 COLORFUL DISPLAY CARDS: You’ll print these and put them around the classroom. I have cute clothespins stuck to the wall with blue sticky tack, but you could do whatever works for you. You can even train students to change the cards for you (smart!). I just clip new cards in each week (I keep each set of 12 cards up for about a week).
2. RECORDING SHEETS: You’ll find several differentiated options… check them out and choose whatever is best for your kids. The preview offers a closer look.
* Simple & Sweet (Perfect if you don’t want to make new copies each week- this one consistent sheet could be used ALL year long!)
* Simple WITH Picture Clues (Nice if you want kids to be able to easily “re-read” the finished product and recall what each word says)
* Circle the Word (Awesome for kids who aren’t ready to write the whole word on their own- they look @ the display cards & circle the matches)
* Sorting with OR without pictures to help (Great for helping students discover how words are related.) (only for blends and CVCE words)
3. ANSWER KEYS: These are for you (just in case) and/or for the kids. They might think it’s fun to check their own work after they finish finding and recording the words.
THE ROUTINE: Kids put their recording sheet on a clipboard (fun!) and walk around finding the words and recording their answers. Words can be found in ANY order, but they’re numbered to keep things organized and let them see what else they’re looking for. Cards are also clearly labeled and color-coded for you so you never have to wonder which card belongs to which set.