Help your student master their own conflict resolution and boost their social skills with this thoughtfully designed social problem-solving resource! It includes eye-catching illustrations & kid-friendly text and is perfect for using as a lesson, book, posters, or all 3!
• What a ”small problem” is and examples of common ones that happen in class
• The importance of calming down first (if needed) before trying to fix things
• Size of the problem vs size of reaction
• How to name the problem and start thinking of solutions
• Practical real-life solutions kids can easily use right away in class:
- Say how you feel and LISTEN to each other.
- Tell them to stop.
- Share & take turns.
- Make a win-win deal.
- Walk away. Go play something new.
• What to do if your first attempt at solving the problem doesn’t work.
• What to do if you have a “bigger problem” and examples of what those might be (very
generally, like “someone is hurt,” “something is dangerous,” etc.)
This resource can be:
• printed as beautiful, easy-to-read and reference classroom posters
• put in page protectors to use as a resource book or
• used to help guide an SEL lesson about conflict resolution among peers
After teaching primary grades for over 2 decades and seeing kids dealing with the same small problems year after year, I am confident this resource will be a SUPER HELPFUL reference for my students ...and yours, too!